The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
There is an open position for an experienced litigator to support the Wholesale & Corporate Litigation Group.
The litigator will report to a Managing Director in the Litigation Group.
We are looking for an experienced litigation attorney who will work independently and with outside counsel to represent the Firm in contested matters, as well as provide advice on a broad range of other matters and issues. The position involves independent contact with, and support of, senior management in the Firm. The position will also require case reporting and other administrative functions.
Consideration may be given for alternative city locations for internal candidates only. Please direct all location inquiries to the listed recruiter so they may review your request with the hiring manager.
- A minimum of five to seven years of litigation practicing experience in complex commercial matters in state and federal courts, with significant experience in financial services industry disputes;
- JD degree. All candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment;
- Knowledge of and experience with complex financial products and services;
- Knowledge of current developments in banking and securities law, commercial law, and other law relevant to the client covered areas, and in State and Federal court practice;
- Ability to assume significant independent responsibility immediately;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple complex matters simultaneously;
- The ability to think strategically;
- The ability to write well and communicate effectively to both legal and non-legal professionals, including senior executives of the Firm;
- The ability to build and maintain good client and colleague relationships;
- Major Law Firm experience a plus;
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.