Innocean Worldwide Americas (IWA) is a full-service advertising agency in sunny Huntington Beach, CA, and we are looking for a talented individual to join our team for a freelance position as Legal Affairs Manager. This position is primarily responsible for managing the flow of ALL legal requests and risk assessments, as well as all legal aspects of producing content and commercials related to HMA work. Works closely with Producers, Brand Managers, Product and Senior Leadership. This position will be responsible for managing all outgoing legal requests plus incoming legal analysis between IWA and our external advertising law firm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and manage all legal requests from IWA to external law firm.
- Track and catalog all incoming legal feedback and analysis from external firm to IWA (this includes, but is not limited to, a master “disclaimer” sheet to be referenced by all IWA teams).
- Manage monthly billing from external law firm.
- Must have experience interfacing with clients
- Solid knowledge of advertising law, SAG, AFTRA and AFM union contracts
- Familiar with advertising legal and clearance issues (i.e., network clearance)
- Thorough understanding of broadcast production
- Thorough understanding of possible clearance issues related to social/digital content
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Ability to communicate with HMA legal counsel and IWA legal counsel
- Need to have a problem-solving mindset
- Be organized with ability to multitask; attention to detail is a must
- Individual must be able to remain calm during stressful situations while managing urgent deadlines and while working with other teams throughout the process,
- Must have the ability to make autonomous decisions (i.e., determining when/what should be recommended to clients, based on risk assessment breakdown
Experience and Education
Minimum of five years’ experience as a paralegal working in advertising law
Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, Google Docs and PowerPoint