You will serve as an in-house generalist at the company’s San Mateo HQ and report to the Associate General Counsel. Under the guidance of the AGC, you will be supporting a broad spectrum of groups at a software/hardware start up in the security industry that operates in the US, EMEA, and APAC. You will be expected to provide a full range of legal support, which includes assisting with commercial contract review, negotiation, and administration. Subject matter will include purchasing contracts, non-disclosure agreements, software licensing, hardware distribution, service agreements, etcetera.
As counsel, you will be responsible for foreseeing and protecting the company against legal risks. You must be a graduate of an accredited law school with 0-3 years of experience and licensed for work in CA. You need to be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for contracts, and you will often be asked to rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Key Skill and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating or advising on significant legal matters
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Exceptional drafting and negotiating skills
- Ability to grow within the role and take on progressive responsibility with contract review and negotiation
- Comfortable making presentations to management and employee groups
- Strong organizational skill with an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines under pressure
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- California Bar membership OR MJP approval as in-house counsel
- Key Personal Attributes:
- Have a great attitude. Workloads can be a challenge, and a smile goes a lot further than a frown!
- Skill in dealing effectively with a range of people including top executives, operations leaders and field personnel
- Ability and desire to seek responsibility, take ownership and work autonomously
- High energy, high output, and hands-on attitude necessary to succeed in legal department and the company’s culture as a whole
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Providing legal support, including drafting and negotiating nondisclosure agreements, distribution and partnership agreements, commercial transactions with customers, and purchasing agreements
- Administering contract processes, including tracking of agreements to completion
- Working with various internal groups to ensure policy compliance
- Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation to be determined, in part, based on experience