Kforce has a client that is seeking a Polymer Extrusion Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ). The Senior Polymer Extrusion Engineer shall serve as a technical expert for manufacturing support of polymer extrusion processes and new process development.
* Support manufacturing in production related matters involving day to day troubleshooting, project planning, including support of production equipment
* Develop and execute validation protocols, process development and improvement, as well as ISO compliance and audits
* Identify and develop cost savings strategies as well as identification and implementation of proven manufacturing methods and tool development
* Develop relationships with new and existing suppliers and customers
* Develop project plans
* Bachelor’s degree is required in Polymer Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, however, an advanced degree is preferred.
* Advanced degree and knowledge base may be BS or higher in Polymer Engineering, or related field
* MS degree is a plus
* 3-6+ years of experience in manufacturing support, working with thermoplastic polymers specifically within extrusion operation support
* 3-5 or more years of thermoplastic extrusion experience
* Less experience will be considered depending on advanced degrees
* Must be proficient with Process Validation and Statistical Analysis
* Expert in use of Solidworks
* Knowledge in the area of FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) is a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.