Vox Media is looking for a Senior Attorney in our NY or DC office (title commensurate with experience). We are seeking a business-minded attorney with experience reviewing, editing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements including advertising (mobile and web), partnership, and technology, preferably in the media sector. In this position, you will work closely with Vox Media’s Chief Legal Officer, as well as senior leadership of the revenue and product organizations to review, draft and negotiate agreements and advise on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to the teams you support. You will also ensure that processes are continually evaluated to ensure they both work and scale. You will also manage the company’s privacy program and lead ongoing compliance with domestic and international laws and regulations. Additionally, you will be the direct supervisor of more junior attorneys on the revenue transactions team.
At Vox Media, you will be part of a quickly expanding modern media company that values creativity, innovation, and the empowerment of individuals with the tools to excel. You will be working in a fast-paced, fun environment, and will take an active role assisting Vox Media to scale high-value digital journalism to reach broader audiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the revenue transactions team in supporting the revenue and product organizations.
- Lead complex commercial and strategic partnerships deals, drafting materials (often from scratch) and advising business partners and other company teams on legal process, best practices and both business and legal terms.
- Draft, negotiate and/or review advertising technology, vendor, marketing, conference/sponsorship, events, marketing, or other operational agreements.
- Draft, negotiate and /or review digital advertising documentation with agencies and advertisers, including custom addenda to standard I/Os and/or IAB terms.
- Guide junior team members through deals, and maintain communication with company senior management
- Proactively create, manage and educate on legal team’s efforts of the creation, implementation, and improvement of company wide process and procedures.
- Maintain and update guidelines, policies, and deliver training to ensure best practices, and promote a streamlined legal review process.
What You’ll Bring:
- JD and admitted to practice.
- 7+ years’ experience, preferably in-house with relevant experience.
- Experience working in a media/internet or entertainment company preferred.
- Strong transactional background, with deep experience in drafting, negotiating, analyzing, and closing advertising, partnership, technology, and complex strategic agreements.
- Ideal candidate will have experience managing people and/or leading teams preferred.
- High level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
- Practical approach to legal drafting and problem solving.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines within a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong work ethic with meticulous attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Professional, personable, approachable and courteous demeanor.
- Creative, flexible, enthusiastic and innovative team player.