Serves as a Patent Attorney to a NASA field center advising on Government contracts, employment, ethics, real property, environment, fiscal, and information law; but largely Intellectual Property matters at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC) such as inventions, patents, technical data, software, trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks, patent and copyright licensing, and partnering agreements with private industry and other Government agencies.
- Provides legal and policy advice and assistance regarding issues arising from the solicitation, award, negotiation, and administration of government contracts, task orders, and subcontracts related to the operation and mission of JPL.
- Provides legal reviews and opinions regarding agreements with commercial, educational, and international partners or other Government agencies though application of statutes, regulations and NASA requirements and directives.
- Provides NMO legal review and advice concerning real property issues related to the NMO-managed real property, facilities and operations. Renders legal opinions related to fiscal and appropriations law issues arising under the JPL contract.
- Provides legal advice concerning environmental statutes and regulations as they apply to JPL land, facilities and operations. Conducts contract, environmental, employment, real property and other types of claims settlements or litigation.
- Supports the patent prosecution process and provides legal advice to program and project managers and procurement personnel in the areas of patent, trademark, copyright, licensing, inventions, trade secrets, and proprietary data.
Occasional travel – Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties