Kforce has a client in search of a Software Engineer in Chicago, Illinois (IL).
As an experienced Software Engineer you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You will join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You will be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key and best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
* College degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent is required
* 6+ years of experience
* 3-4 years of current hands on development and programming experience on the JEE stack including Spring Framework and web services
* 1-2 years of current understanding of high-level enterprise architecture and software design
* JEE, Spring, SQL, NoSQL DB, Spring framework
* Design, Develop Test, Operate uService Components, Agile process
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Experience with persistence technologies such as SQL and No-SQL platforms
* Experience with modern agile software delivery practices such as scrum, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), TDD, and BDD, DevOps, and automation
* Hands-on experience with a cloud platform such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry or AWS, or container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for the role
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.