This position is located within the office of Human Capital Strategic Management (HCSM) within the office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Resources and Chief Human Capital Officer (DASHR/CHCO). The office is responsible for the full range of Department-wide policy, guidance, and oversight of Human Capital programs thought the Department's multiple bureaus.
Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist, you will:
- Lead or participate in the development and maintenance of Treasury policy and other issuances, operating guidance, training materials, marketing strategy, etc., in connection with assigned program areas and/or projects.
- Serve as a technical authority in establishing, maintaining, and monitoring effective staffing, placement and recruitment programs, to include delegated examining, merit promotion, and special appointing authorities in both the competitive and excepted Federal service.
- Develop and present written and verbal guidance and advice to bureau and Department management officials on assigned programs and incorporates related statutory, regulatory, and case law developments into such guidance.
- Typical situations involve working with bureau HR contacts, and senior managers and supervisors on complex staffing, recruitment, classification, or position management, or other HR issues.
Occasional travel – 1 – 5 nights per month.
Conditions of Employment
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
– Experience with the concepts, principles, practices, laws, or regulations of human resources management (i.e., Staffing policy and operations, Staffing/Talent acquisition, organization or position management); AND
– Served in a role providing advice to human resources practitioners on matters related to staffing, recruitment, or talent acquisition to resolve bureau-wide, or company, issues.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-14, you must have been at the GS-13 level for 52 weeks.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
– We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
– Relocation expenses will not be paid.
– This is a non-bargaining unit position.
– We offer opportunities for telework.
– We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
– A one year probationary period may be required.
– Must successfully complete a background investigation.
– Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
– If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
– Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
– Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
– Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
– Public Trust – Background Investigation will be required.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a "not qualified" determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Specialized Experience, Human Capital Management, Analytical, Communication, and Technical. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 85 or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes 1. A resume, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
All applicants are required to submit a resume either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view resume tips .
CURRENT AND FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES — Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment:
– You must submit a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, which shows your current (or most recent) grade and competitive service status. (The "position occupied" block on the SF-50 should show a "1" and your "tenure" block should show a "1" or "2".)
– If you are currently on a Veterans Recruitment Appointment ( VRA ), you must submit a copy of an SF-50 showing that. Also, you must submit a copy of your DD214 or other documentation showing dates of service and type of discharge ( Member 4 ) and any other applicable documents such as SF-15, VA letters, etc.
– Indicate on your application the highest permanent grade you have held; if this grade is different from your current grade, you must submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing this grade.
Land Management Eligibles must provide all required documentation to verify eligibility, prior performance, and qualifications for the target position. You can find information on the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act and eligibility HERE . Land Management Eligibles must compete under competitive merit promotion procedures and meet all applicable requirements as such (time-in-grade restrictions do not apply).
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents you must submit in order to be eligible.
If you are applying under a special hiring authority (e.g. Military Spouses, Interchange Agreement, VEOA, Schedule A Disability, etc.), please see applicant guide for required documentation . In order to be eligible under one of these authorities, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide.