THE DIVISION’S STORY
Our global Legal and Business Affairs department believes in the promise and power of teamwork. When we work together as a cohesive unit supporting, involving, appreciating and respecting each other we can elevate our company, our clients, and ourselves. At A+E Networks, we have built and developed a culture based on the principles of effective communication, collaboration, accountability and trust. These guiding principles serve as our north star as we partner and strategize with other departments across the Company to help A+E Networks achieve its goals and stay at the forefront of a highly competitive, rapidly changing industry. If you share these values and want to learn more about who we are and what we do, consider joining our team.
THE ROLE: Director, Legal & Business Affairs, Digital Media
Support the Digital Media business group (including digital advertising sales and advertising operations, digital research and analytics), Global Content Licensing business group, and Privacy and Data Security matters across various A+ E business divisions.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOULL DO:
Negotiate, draft and review a wide variety of agreements related to A+Es digital media and global content licensing business for A+Es owned and operated platforms and third-party platforms and channels, including agreements related to licenses for various rights (linear and/or video-on-demand) and distribution (e.g., streaming or mobile), content creation, technology (including software and system licenses that pertain to websites, mobile, or apps), podcasts, and online games.
Provide guidance to various A+E business divisions on various global privacy matters, data collection, security and use issues (e.g. GDPR, COPPA, CCPA, CASL, DMCA, and VPPA), and monitor and report on regulatory developments, as well as, help implement internal policies related to such matters.
- JD Degree and member of NY State Bar.
- 5-7 years legal experience, handling extensive intellectual property and digital media matters at a major law firm, digital media and/or technology company as in-house counsel with significant transactional experience, handling matters involving digital media and distribution.
- Experience and knowledge in digital media, content licensing (domestic and international), linear and on-demand rights and distribution, and Privacy and Data Security strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and drafting skills (including ability to prioritize workflow, problem solve and offer practical and creative solutions), and clear and effective communication skills required.
- Must be highly organized to be able to handle high volume of work in fast paced environment, detail oriented, collaborative and team-oriented attitude.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative and make decisions.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.