About the role
Strava is growing! And we are looking for a Product Counsel to join our legal team. In partnership with our Senior Privacy and Product Counsel and small but mighty legal team, you will help us tackle all sorts of interesting projects and challenges. The team is seeking someone who enjoys working cross-functionally, wants to be deeply involved in the product-planning and implementation process, and who wants to be at the forefront of continuing to develop the trust relationship we have with our athletes.
We are passionate about problem-solving, expanding our knowledge, helping Strava grow, and having fun while were at it.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Advise product teams on a range of legal issues, including privacy, consumer protection, and regulatory matters.
- Act as a trusted advisor to product teams throughout the product development lifecycle, implement privacy-by-design strategies, and ensure healthy launches.
- Coordinate advice with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Community Management, Trust & Safety, and Legal.
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day advice to minimize legal risks while advancing our obsession with our athletes and the product strategy that supports it.
- Work closely with the Senior Privacy and Product Counsel and Data Protection Officer to help build out Stravas privacy program and update relevant disclosures, policies, and processes.
- Stay on top of the latest developments in the legal/privacy world and develop deep expertise in our products.
- Build positive and influential relationships company-wide through trusted advising, knowledge-sharing and training.
You will be successful here by:
- Having a sincere, collaborative, and empathetic personality with a strong inclination to be part of a winning team.
- Demonstrating humility, integrity, and creativity.
- Taking the work seriously, but not yourself.
- Having high standards and strong communication and analytical skills.
- Having a passion for getting things done, working on cross-functional projects, problem solving, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Handling ambiguity well, excel at risk-based analysis, and have a good sense of when to escalate a matter.
- Being excited to take on ownership early and tackle areas outside of your immediate subject matter expertise.
Were excited about you because:
- You can distill complex legal requirements into actionable advice for product teams.
- You have strong understanding of and experience with laws that are relevant to product counseling, including privacy, consumer protection, and regulatory laws.
- J.D. and admission to relevant Bar or the ability to practice in-house in California or Colorado.
- 5-7, years of experience, with at least 3 years of focus on product and/or privacy counseling.
- In-house experience at a multinational, consumer-facing technology company is strongly preferred.
Strava is Swedish for strive, which epitomizes who we are and what we do. Were a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the worlds athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes days even better. And just as were deeply committed to unlocking their potential, were dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. Were backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and were expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes lives now more than ever. All to say, its a great time to join Strava
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.