The Director of Investor Relations will broaden and enhance shareholder value and the organization's financial image through a superlative investor and shareholder communications program.
- Lead the quarterly earnings process, including writing the press release and script, preparing the earnings call presentation, and preparing management for Q&A; support composition of SEC filings.
- Ensure regular communication with existing shareholders, while targeting new potential long-term shareholders.
- Point of contact for Appian's covering sell-side research analysts, as well as potential future analysts.
- Prioritize and organize conferences and analyst sessions for Investor Relations/management to participate in or host.
- Monitor shareholders and coordinate with various vendors to understand the composition of shareholder base.
- Work with management to refine the Appian messaging for external shareholders.
- Prepare presentations, including board material and investor decks.
- Capital markets support, including partnering with investment banks, stock exchange, etc.
- Collaborate across the organization, including engineering, marketing, and sales, to unify reporting of metrics and company messaging.
- Support ad hoc projects from management, finance, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Business, or related field required.
- At least five years of business experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with a variety of personalities and positions.
- Solid understanding of the financials and metrics performance as well as the product and market to create a narrative for external consumption.
- Ability to convert complex financial information into understandable text.
- Ability to analyze and improve opportunities for investors.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world's largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian's success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity /affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodationsappian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.