NOV (the Company), originally founded in 1862, is a leading equipment and technology provider to the global energy industry, including conventional and unconventional oil and gas and, more recently, renewable energy sources such as wind, geothermal, and solar. NOV serves major-diversified, national, and independent service companies, contractors, and energy producers in approximately 60 countries.
The Transactions Counsel will report to the Company’s Assistant General Counsel M&A, Real Estate, and Corporate Projects. He or she will serve as an advisor trusted to provide not only legal advice, but also commercial input and judgment.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of transaction agreements, including M&A purchase and sale agreements and all ancillary agreements, joint venture agreements, real estate purchase and sale agreements and leases, minority equity investment agreements, license agreements, and operational agreements;
- Work closely with the Companys (i) Assistant General Counsel M&A, Real Estate, and Corporate Projects, (ii) General Counsel, Vice President Corporate Development, and (iii) business segment and other corporate leaders to provide high-quality, commercial legal advice and documentation;
- Work across all of the Companys three business segments (Wellbore Technologies, Completion and Production Solutions, and Rig Technologies, including Rigs renewables business unit) and with key Corporate groups, including Tax, Accounting, Finance, and Treasury;
- Assist with the Companys global legal entity consolidation and rationalization project and related corporate governance matters;
- Engage outside counsel where appropriate (primarily in international transactions) while generally holding the pen on documents for most of a transaction or project (i.e., not acting as a mere liaison); and
- Other projects where needed based on ability and judgment.
- J.D. from an accredited law school and admission into the Texas bar association or otherwise qualified to practice as an in-house lawyer in Texas;
- Three (3)-to-five (5) years of prior law-firm or in-house transactional experience, including drafting material agreements (e.g., M&A, corporate, private equity, real estate, finance, or other transactions);
- Desire and ambition to own projects and become a trusted, go-to attorney for key Company employees; and
- Willingness to work on matters outside his or her base of prior experience and continue growing as an attorney and business advisor.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.