Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as Personal Cell or Cellular in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Legal – Our vision is to advance the company’s strategy, support its transformation, and effectively manage risk through a team known for collaboration, sound judgment, and proactive advice.
We support our vision with four strategic pillars: Integrated Business Advice, Risk Management, Talent & Leadership Development, and Operational Excellence.
Attorney will become a member of the Wells Fargo Legal department providing support to the Wells Fargo Equipment Finance lines of business, which provide equipment leasing and equipment secured lending products across the United States and internationally. Transactions involve all types of equipment, including transportation equipment (aircraft, rail, marine, motor vehicles, and trailers), medical, construction, technology, and office equipment. Specific responsibilities will include (i) negotiating and drafting lease and loan documents, inventory financing agreements, and other types of financing agreements, (ii) supporting the capital markets and syndications teams in the acquisition and sale of transactions with other financial institutions, (iii) negotiating and drafting material customer agreements, (iv) reviewing and providing advice on a wide range of equipment finance transactions, (v) providing general transactional advice for secured lending, transactions working with documentation, credit, and sales team members, (vi) assisting with regulatory compliance requirements and management of legal and operational risk, (vii) drafting and updating transactional document templates.
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of legal-related experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government, regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team
Other Desired Qualifications
- Substantive experience handling equipment finance (leasing and loan) transactions.
- Basic knowledge of and legal experience in financial services is highly desired
- Knowledge of UCC articles 2, 2A, and 9
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St – Charlotte, NC
TX-Irving: 5000 Riverside Drive – Irving, TX
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St – Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St – Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https: www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.