The Cyber Intelligence Analyst III shall support the Internet Investigations Center (IIC), Operational Intelligence Division (OID), Office of Strategic Intelligence and Information (OSII), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) with intelligence analysis and investigative support.
- Gain target information while supporting major complex multi-defendant investigations using analytical techniques.
- Conduct quality control in order to determine validity and relevance priority of information gathered.
- Develop and maintain computerized intelligence databases to meet specific needs of the division and generate statistical and relational reports for division managers and headquarters' programs and projects.
- Coordinate initiatives with headquarters' intelligence research specialists and other team members.
- Advise team members on specific findings and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Perform liaison and coordination functions with counterparts and personnel throughout the intelligence and law enforcement communities.
- Collect, evaluate, analyze, and extract information from various sources, sometimes involving raw intelligence, and compiling it into useful, finished analytical products, reports, and correspondence.
- De-anonymize individuals/suspects.
- Document and disseminate analytic findings.
- Manage customer relationships, including determining customer needs/requirements/expectations using appropriate databases, geospatial data, and resources.
- Identify intelligence gaps and assist in the development of operational programs through regular review of message traffic, intelligence information, data analysis, and other sources of information.
- Coordinate with intelligence research specialists and other team members to exchange information, resolve problems, eliminate duplication of effort, and coordinate multi-divisional activities.
- Prepare and present briefings on a variety of intelligence topics.
- Make recommendations for modifications and improvements for existing systems.
- Review and evaluate incoming intelligence information to ensure it is complete and satisfies the necessary data requirement for input into established computer systems.
- Prepare and submit weekly status reports, intelligence reports, report of investigation, and briefing/power point slides.
- Complete ATF mandatory training on computer security awareness and occupant emergency evacuation, etc.
- Develop analytical techniques to gain target information while supporting major complex multi-defendant investigations.
- Initiate requests to guide tasking and assist collection management.
- Select, build, and develop query strategies against appropriate collection databases.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years of relevant experience includes the following:
- Experience working financial crimes and/or with FINCEN/OFAC
- Experience in Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) analysis
- Background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to obtain and retain a top-secret clearance with SCI access
- Knowledge of the following:
- Intelligence Analysis
- Intelligence Reporting
- Cyber Intelligence
- Use in exploitation of social media
- Use in exploitation of open source information
- Navigating the dark web
- Deep and dark web searches
- De-anonymizing individuals/suspects
- Concept and use of virtual currency
- Federal law enforcement investigative techniques and procedures
- Microsoft Windows and MAC
- Social media
- Knowledge of a foreign language such as Chinese, Russian, or Spanish
- Prior knowledge of Semantica Pro, i2 Analyst Notebook (link/trend analysis), NCIC, TECS, CLEAR or Accurint, and firearms traces and firearms
- Knowledge of commercial software designed for internet searches and social media exploitation
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.