Fidelity National Financial
TN/AL Residential and Commercial Underwriting Counsel
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic Underwriter to become a critical member of a fast moving and extremely responsive underwriting department. The position will require an ability to display legal and business acumen in approaching and resolving issues, primarily focused on providing customers and title and escrow personnel with timely answers to title underwriting and escrow issues impacting their various real estate transactions. A successful Commercial Underwriting Counsel must simultaneously provide top-level strategic legal advice in a fast-moving environment, while also contributing significant business value to real estate transactional process. As such, the successful candidate must demonstrate a solid grounding in commercial real estate transactions, title review, and commercial title principles and practices. In addition, to be successful in this role the candidate should have well-developed analytical problem solving abilities, excellent business sense and judgment, and strong interpersonal and relationship development skills. Candidate with connections with national commercial offices is not required but preferred.
- Provide proactive and timely response and resolution to title policy and endorsement underwriting queries.
- Actively manage any title, survey or other issues that arise in commercial transactions to ensure efficient and successful closings.
- Review and negotiate indemnity agreements and escrow funding agreements.
- Review any necessary transactional, organizational and authority documents.
- Collaborate with other FNTG Underwriting Counsel and personnel to share and discuss legal, transactional and title underwriting issues encountered on specific transactions.
- Conduct periodic seminars with customers, agents and attorney clients on timely legal and underwriting topics.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of commercial real estate transactional experience, with extensive and direct client contact, and proven ability to proactively address and resolve issues and successfully complete transactions.
- Experience in Tennessee and Alabama preferred – Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, with a sense of urgency and accountability, and an ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong customer service, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities. Juris Doctorate and an active state bar membership in good standing.
- Business Development: Experience with working with other national commercial services units preferred
Juris Doctorate and an active state bar membership in TN and/or AL should be in good standing
Minimum of 3 to 5 years of commercial real estate transactional experience, with extensive and direct client contact, and proven ability to proactively address and resolve issues and successfully complete transactions.
Fidelity National Financial, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.