Black Lion Investment Group, Inc.
POSITION: ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL (Commercial Real Estate Transactional Attorney) – In-House, Full-Time Employee
COMPANY: Black Lion Investment Group, Inc.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, California (working remotely during pandemic closure)
ANNUAL BASE COMPENSATION: $185,000 – $200,000 (D.O.E.)
BONUSES: Periodic bonuses each year – discretionary, based on performance.
COMPANY & JOB SUMMARY: Established real estate investment and development company, focused on retail, office, and mixed-use properties, seeks a Commercial Real Estate transactional attorney experienced in negotiating and closing commercial real estate leasing, purchasing, financing, and related corporate transactions, for a full-time employee position. We enjoy a busy and collegial work environment that rewards consistent effort and results. Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Draft commercial lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements, reciprocal easement agreements, etc.
- Perform due diligence for, and coordinate transactions and work with team to close, commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, with and without loans.
- Review title commitments, recorded documents, and surveys, and generate title and survey objections.
- Draft closing, conveyancing, loan, and corporate resolution documents in connection with transactions.
- Track transaction tasks, parties, and key dates, and communicate progress to team as issues and tasks are resolved.
- Follow up on the typical host of post-closing matters.
- Coordinate recordation of deeds, deeds of trust/mortgages, amendments, subdivision maps, lot line adjustments, easements, CC&Rs, and similar documents.
- Conduct basic legal and business research.
- Carry out related responsibilities as client needs dictate.
- Communicate regularly with our company officers to achieve established goals for each property under management or development.
REPORTS TO: Company Officers & General Counsel.
- Bachelors degree and Juris Doctor degree.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a transactional commercial real estate attorney negotiating and closing leasing, acquisition, and disposition deals.
- Solid commercial real estate loan transaction experience.
- Substantial experience reviewing and commenting on title insurance and survey matters.
- Preferred: Candidates with strong law firm training in above skill sets.
- Exceptional drafting, proof-reading, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Great attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with moderate to little supervision.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with outside parties and in-house colleagues.
- Possess high motivation and ability to set and reach realistic but ambitious goals.
- True team player.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- At least three (3) supervisor references if invited to interview.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.