About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment of cancer with our novel Probody therapeutic platform. Our commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful, ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our successes, and holding each other to the highest possible standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline, including 4 clinical-stage programs and others in development and is located in South San Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more at www.cytomX.com.
Location: South San Francisco, California
Reporting Relationship: Reporting to Senior Director, Intellectual Property
The Associate Director/Director, Intellectual Property will be highly visible, working with both the senior management and research teams. This key role will in the forefront of helping CytomX to identify and protect new cancer immunotherapies.
- Identify and protect IP assets to support corporate strategy
- Work with the Research team to identify and protect new inventions
- Patent Portfolio Management:
- Draft, file and prosecute patent applications in the U.S. and internationally
- Develop and implement patent life cycle management strategies
- Manage relationships with outside counsel
- Interface with various departments to advise inventors and management on a variety of IP matters
- Collaborate with internal research, development, and clinical personnel and outside counsel on all patent related matters
- Perform IP diligence analysis of opportunities and organize IP diligence requested by third parties
- Conduct patentability, freedom to operate, infringement, and invalidity analyses
- Understand the competitive IP landscape and develop strategies to mitigate risks for CytomX
- Provide strategy and support for litigation matters
- Collaborate with Medical Writing and Alliance Management on Publication Review processes
- Assist with Business Development and Finance diligence needs
- Assist with strategies to communicate our IP position to the company, potential partners, investors, etc.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in the biological, chemical or biomedical sciences
- Patent Agent or Patent Attorney in good standing and licensed to practice before the USPTO. If a Patent Attorney, an Active Member in good standing or Registered In House Counsel (RIHC) of the State Bar of California (or willingness to register).
- Five to ten years recent patent experience preferred (in-house or law firm), particularly patent preparation and prosecution under the AIA rules. Experience with freedom to operate analysis and competitive landscape analysis is strongly preferred.
- Strategic thinker, self-starter, independent, collaborative team player having goals and values that fit well with the CytomX values, culture, corporate goals, and objectives
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability, and Fun
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity
- Intellectually curious, enthusiastic, creative
- Adaptable and resilient with a problem-solving orientation
- Team-player comfortable in fast-moving, dynamic environments
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.