The Software Engineer is responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release of the Navy's Risk Management Information (RMI) requirement integration into the Air Force Safety Automated System (AFSAS). Duties include software development, documentation, configuration management, testing, and debugging to create and maintain a three-tiered architecture using the Agile software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. The Software Engineer will support the deployment of new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations under limited supervision and will provide guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and implements a variety of user interfaces.
- Development using Eclipse, Tomcat, Ant, SVN, and SQL Developer, preferably in a Linux environment.
- Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information.
- Support development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Testing and evaluating new programs.
- Identify areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
- Develop detailed specifications and writing the program codes.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Perform QA for pre-deployment activities.
- Utilize Agile development methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Web application development and object-oriented programming
- Experience with Eclipse and Subversion or other version control and collaborative tools
- Experience with Struts, Velocity, bootstrap, and Oracle 12 preferred
- Experience with COGNOS, Informatica, or Tableau helpful
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline or 7+ years of experience
- Preferred, but not required, knowledge of the Air Force Safety Automated System (AFSAS)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working experience in all phases of the SDLC, and EW data analysis/library products to support automated tool development is strongly preferred
- Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects with time related constraints in a fast-paced contract manufacturing environment
- Must be able to speak effectively before groups of internal and/or external customers or employees
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications
- #Kapsuun Group, LLC
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.