Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Intellectual Property Coordinator
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Intellectual Property Program at Dana-Farber is seeking an Intellectual Property Coordinator to join our team of attorneys, technology specialists, and administrative professionals within the Office of General Counsel, the Institutes full-service legal department. Members of the Dana-Farber Intellectual Property Program are responsible for providing intellectual property counseling, strategic analysis, and portfolio management services to the Institute. At the heart of this team, the Intellectual Property Coordinators work independently and collaboratively to maintain a database of patent, trademark, and copyright filings; docket and monitor related due dates; and coordinate execution of instructions and documents. Each Intellectual Property Coordinator interacts with faculty and staff members across the Institute as well as outside companies, institutions, and law firms. This position is a unique opportunity for an individual with intellectual property experience to be part of a dynamic in-house legal team at the cutting edge of basic science and cancer research.
- Reviews and processes intellectual property-related correspondence including physical mail and electronic mail sent to central patent and trademark inboxes.
- Researches and responds to requests for protection filing documents and statuses using internal systems and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) portal applications.
- Maintains electronic and/or physical records of Institute intellectual property assets, original documents, and specimens, including entering and auditing data and documents in the intellectual property management database systems.
- Dockets and monitors actions and due dates related to worldwide patent and trademark filings.
- Prepares and coordinates execution of official documents and records patent assignments using USPTO EPAS.
- May prepare new patent and trademark applications and associated documents for online filing using USPTO EFS-Web and/or TEAS.
- May supervise renewal service payments via an online service provider interface.
- May develop and document policies and procedures for new and existing systems and functions.
- Performs duties related to other special projects as required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent training.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a law firm or scientific research setting or comparable technology-oriented business environment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
- Advanced computer skills and experience with at least Microsoft Outlook and Excel software, Adobe Acrobat software, USPTO portal applications (PAIR, EPAS, and EFS-Web), and an intellectual property management database system (e.g., Computer Packages Inc. or Inteum Minuet software).
- Professional written and oral communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization.
- Respect for and commitment to the protection of highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Creativity and flexibility as well as demonstrated reliance on experience and judgment to prioritize tasks, solve problems, and accomplish goals.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https: careers.dana-farber.org/job/intellectual-property-coordinator-administration-support-customer-service-brookline-ma-22832/
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.