Job Description: Senior Sourcing & Procurement Attorney (Associate General Counsel)
About AIG GLCR:
The Global Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Department (GLCR) of American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is comprised of attorneys and other professionals providing high quality advisory and transactional support across all parts of AIG. GLCR enables AIGs diverse financial services businesses to comply with laws, regulations and internal policies in over 60 countries, while minimizing and managing risks to AIG and its clients. This is an international, diverse, and award-winning team that has been recognized for its leadership, innovative solutions, and pro bono commitment.
About the Branding & Sourcing Legal Group:
GLCRs Branding & Sourcing Legal Group provides strategic and practical advice on a wide range of transactional, legal compliance, and operational risk management matters. The group supports numerous AIG business units and corporate functions, including Global Sourcing & Procurement Services, Corporate Communications, Investments, Tax, and Human Resources. Branding & Sourcing attorneys provide substantive expertise on legal issues related to marketing and procurement. The group negotiates complex, high-dollar transactions on behalf of U.S. and international AIG entities.
About the Role:
The Branding & Sourcing Legal Group is seeking an experienced transactional attorney to join it as an Associate General Counsel. This role is for an experienced contracts negotiator and subject matter expert on legal issues related to sourcing and procurement services for a variety of AIG companies. The Associate General Counsel will support mission critical projects that are time-sensitive, highly visible inside and outside of the company, and key to AIGs strategic initiatives.
This position reports to the Chief Branding & Sourcing Counsel. Specific duties will include:
- Managing, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex contracts for professional and consulting services, business process outsourcing (BPO), and other corporate purchasing agreements.
- Collaborating with AIG attorneys specializing in privacy, intellectual property, cybersecurity, IT transactions, and insurance law to provide seamless, high-quality service to our internal business clients.
- Advising internal business clients on legal issues related to contracts, business strategy, and acquisitions.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of AIG policies and guidelines associated with purchasing of goods and services, data and content usage, intellectual property, and records management.
- Developing and providing training on legal and compliance matters to internal business clients.
- Assisting Chief Branding & Sourcing Counsel in developing and mentoring of junior members of the team.
- Managing relationships with AIGs outside counsel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Juris Doctor; U.S. state bar admission.
- 14 years of legal experience with a law firm and/or in-house.
- Preference will be given to candidates with legal experience at a financial/investment services institution.
- Experience supporting global sourcing and procurement organizations.
- Robust experience negotiating professional services (e.g., Big 4 firm matters) and BPO (business process outsourcing) non-IT agreements
- Demonstrated experience leading deals and closing large, sensitive agreements within aggressive timeframes.
- Familiarity with U.S. and international intellectual property laws, and with U.S. and international privacy laws including GDPR, CCPA, NYDFS, Gramm-Leach-Bliley and HIPAA.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and internal business clients across a global organization.
- Collaborative, tactful, and persuasive written and verbal communication style.
The Branding & Sourcing Legal Group is based in New York, NY. This position will be remote during the current COVID-19 pandemic but will ultimately be located in AIGs New York City offices.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https: www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
LG – Legal, Regulatory & Gov’t Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.