American International Group, Inc.s (AIG) Global Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs (GLCR) department is comprised of attorneys and other professionals providing high quality advisory and transactional support with integrity and objectivity across all parts of the Company. The GLCR team enables AIGs diverse financial services business to comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies in over 60 countries, while also minimizing and managing risks to the Company and its clients. This is an international, diverse, and award-winning team that has been recognized for its leadership, innovative solutions, and pro bono commitment.
AIG is seeking a junior to mid-level Technology and Outsourcing Attorney to join GLCRs Technology Legal team. This team provides strategic and practical advice on a wide range of transactional, legal compliance and operational risk management matters in support of AIGs Global CIO and the IT Department worldwide.
About the Technology Legal Department:
The Technology Legal team consists of a core group of seven US based attorneys and an extended group of international attorneys. This team provides AIG with deep and broad subject matter expertise and counseling regarding legal issues arising in corporate technology operations in regulated industries. The individual hired for this role will report to the Associate General Counsel, Head of Strategic Technology Initiatives and will work closely with the other core and extended members of the Technology Legal team, as well as other GLCR professionals.
The individual hired for this role will report to the Associate General Counsel, Head of Technology Transactions, and will work closely with the other core and extended members of the Technology Legal team, as well as other GLCR professionals.
The successful candidate will be an Attorney with the ability to: review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of technology-related agreements and related statements of work, ordering documents, amendments and addenda; monitor and track legal and regulatory developments; conduct primary research and analysis; draft memos; draft and review corporate communications; and advise internal clients, both verbally and in writing, all with a minimum of reliance on outside counsel. The transactional aspect of the role requires familiarity with non-disclosure agreements, product evaluation agreements, purchase, lease and license agreements for technology products and services, such as software, cloud, hardware and support and maintenance services, telecommunications agreements, end user license agreements, and professional services agreements.
The role requires an individual with hands-on experience working with corporate IT, compliance and procurement departments. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong grasp of legal and commercial issues that are critical to the use of technology by financial services companies, including privacy and data security, intellectual property rights and licensing, audit rights and obligations, risk allocation, such as limits on liability, indemnities and insurance and dispute resolution.
Job responsibilities also include: developing and maintaining contract templates; modifying existing agreements to address changes in laws; advising on regulatory compliance for IT operations and strategic projects; and identifying opportunities, and initiating and leading projects, to support AIG, GLCR and the Technology Legal teams goals.
- J.D. degree from a top law school and state bar admission to practice law in the hiring location (preferably NY or NJ).
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as an attorney practicing in the relevant field is strongly preferred, and preference will be given to candidates who have worked at least 4 years at a large national law firm and/or at least 6 years at a large financial services company.
- Knowledge of commercial contracting, technology and outsourcing related laws and commercial practices, including strong contract drafting and negotiating and regulatory analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed oriented, and able to complete projects and other assignments efficiently, timely and with a minimum of supervision.
- Superior written and verbal communication and analytical skills enabling timely, proactive and practical identification and communication of legal issues and risks.
- Solid interpersonal skills and able to interact with stakeholders to identify issues and recommend solutions.
- A positive, energetic, collaborative, and team-oriented approach to working with colleagues and clients.
- Able to navigate large, multifaceted, and international organizations, including working across time zones.
- A high degree of independent motivation and judgment, as well as the ability to work directly with a wide variety of GLCR personnel, IT Department staff, business unit personnel and outside counsel.
- Preferred candidates will have worked at a large national law firm or at a large financial services company.
This position will be joining the Technology Legal department based in New York City, but remote candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https: www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
LG – Legal, Regulatory & Gov’t Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.