Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
Were in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we cant ignoreespecially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. Thats why were here!
Brightline is convening a team of leading clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, were building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience to families. And were all here to help children and families thrive.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be able to work independently in a fast paced and constantly changing start-up environment. You will be expected to handle matters across a variety of disciplines and work effectively with numerous business stakeholders. A sharp analytical mind, business acumen and strong work ethic are critical for this role. Ideal candidates will have a combination of healthcare, general labor and employment, and general business and contracting support. We are looking for a quick-study with the ability to adapt to the needs of our evolving business, who also enjoys collaborating on cross-departmental projects. This is the first in-house legal role for the company and is a direct report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, investigate, and manage risks across the business
- Manage the legal / compliance portions of implementing the Corporate Practice of Medicine model across all 50 states including in-depth analysis and risk assessments of requirements within each state
- Draft, negotiate, review, and manage a wide range of commercial agreements, including NDAs, HIPAA Business Associate agreements, client contracts, and vendor contracts
- Create systems, processes and tools for master tracking of all key contract terms, expirations, vendors, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to help develop and de-risk new product offerings and client communications
- Advise business teams on a variety of legal and operational issues, including related to privacy, cybersecurity, and intellectual property
- Monitor regulatory and legislative changes that present new product and market opportunities as well as operational and compliance challenges
- Act as the go-to person for legal and regulatory issues related to market acquisition and expansion
- Manage corporate legal affairs for all entities including documentation of Board meetings, bylaws, revisions to articles and the Brightline Equity Plan
- Assist in managing corporate matters and M&As, as needed
- Manage required state licenses and registrations
- Manage outside counsel regarding any litigation or outside regulatory matters
- Communicate with the Companys CFO, Executive Team, Board of Directors and ownership regarding various business and legal issues, as needed
- Communicate and coordinate with business partners regarding shared legal concerns
- Contribute to the continued development and improvement of our Data Privacy and Information Security policies, practices, and procedures
- In partnership with the CISO, assist with various compliance projects and audits such as SOC 1, SOC 2, HITRUST, and HIPAA Risk Assessment
- Protects and maintains patient and institutional information in a confidential manner and in a secured environment. Ensures data access limitations through the use of password protection, read only access, and other measures that protect the data from unauthorized or accidental access
Must have requirements are:
- 10+ years of legal experience, gained ideally through a combination of law firm and in-house roles
- Have exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Have excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to work independently, juggle multiple priorities, and meet important deadlines
- Have experience in a technology and venture capital funded organizations
- Have experience in the healthcare industry, specifically organizations serving the self-funded employer market
- Have experience providing guidance on regulatory issues
- Member in good standing of at least one state Bar
- Are a team-player with the ability to work collaboratively across various functions and with colleagues at all levels
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area and the CFO is based remotely in Colorado. This position is location agnostic and therefore remote candidates with the right skills will be considered.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.