Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AIs mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping products since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
As our Associate General Counsel you will provide strategic and tactical legal support across the organization and will be instrumental in assisting our Chief Legal Officer in building and leading our legal function. They will offer pragmatic business solutions to complex legal problems that will enable Shield AI to successfully work with partners, customers, clients, and suppliers around the world.
What youll do:
- Advise on issues involving intellectual property, commercial and government contracts, international regulatory compliance, corporate policies and all operational issues affecting our products and offerings.
- Provide support to both technical/engineering teams as well as other corporate support functions.
- Contribute to the continued building of process, procedures and policies governing corporate and compliance issues.
- Engage in risk mitigation efforts
- Bachelors degree
- JD from an accredited U.S. law school and licensed in at least one jurisdiction, with the ability to register as in-house counsel in either Virginia or California
- 4+ years legal background in a strong customer facing capacity
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an ability to both delve into details and engage meaningfully on overall strategy
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex legal concepts and into simple, actionable recommendations
- You enjoy and excel at building legal processes and practices
- You have unmatched service provider skills
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Focused experience within the DoD space and working with government contracts
- Proficient understanding of the regulatory regimes impacting defense contractors, including ITAR, FAR, DFARs, NISPOM
- Solid contract negotiation and drafting skills
If you’re interested in being part of our team apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.