At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Counsel to join the Legrand, North & Central America Team in Eden Prairie, MN. In this role, Counsel will provide legal advice to business clients throughout the organization. Counsel must have knowledge and expertise in general areas of corporate law, real estate, government contracting, commercial transactions (including sales, supply and services agreements), and IP licensing. Related subject matter expertise with regard to data privacy, compliance and other current legal issues is required. Counsel will lead negotiations of commercial agreements and to supports senior professionalscollaborating to provide timely and relevant legal advice on transactional matters. Counsel will also help with client education and Legal Department administrative matters. Counsel will report to and receive general direction from the LNCA General Counsel; while working independently with clients to meet their goals and objectives. Counsel is also expected to help clients manage and effectively collaborate with outside counsel.
What Will You Do?
- Excellent academic credentials
- B.A. / B.S. 4-year undergraduate degree from a recognized, accredited college or university
- Juris Doctor from a recognized, accredited law school
- Admission to one or more state bar
- 5+ years practice, ideally including law firm and in-house positions
- Commercial transactions practice, preferably both domestic and international
- Experience in a corporate environment, good business acumen, high devotion to professional ethics and client service, strong self-motivation, versatility, demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Strong negotiation skills
- High attentiveness to both detail and big-picture, strategic perspectives
- High emotional intelligence
- Well-developed organizational and time-management skills
- Strong computer skillsability to create and deliver reports, presentations and business correspondence; proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software and meeting management software; ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent listening skills–maintaining focus while extracting information necessary to understand the business and legal issues presented
- Proficient project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, delegate tasks, meet deadlines and to manage and properly prioritize a number of projects at various stages of progress
- Knowledge of one or more legal specialties a plus, e.g., data privacy/security, complex contracting (cloud, SaaS), litigation management, or real estate
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the worlds best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active womens network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.