National Basketball Association
At the NBA, were passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the leagues on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the worlds most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBAs success.
This position will function as legal and business affairs counsel, providing support and advice to internal clients on various media transactions, with an initial focus on international media partnerships, including television and digital media, and partnerships with social media companies and new media companies (e.g., AR/VR).
- Provide ongoing legal analysis and advice to clients in connection with complex, long-term domestic and international television and digital media agreements (including with social media and new media partners)
- Negotiate, structure and draft various agreements for the Global Media Distribution department and other members of media client group (e.g., television and digital media licensing, production)
- Participate in negotiation sessions with partners
- Assist media clients in analysis of existing agreements, issue spotting, new business development, negotiation strategy, contractual compliance, and other legal and business affairs matters
- Exceptional written and oral business communication skills
- Strong contract drafting and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical ability and related issue spotting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make timely, nuanced and targeted recommendations for business decisions based on reasoned legal analysis and the strategic objectives of the organization
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and engage with multiple stakeholders in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics and integrity
- At least 4 years of experience at a top tier law firm and/or corporate legal department, including experience in structuring, negotiating, drafting and advising on complex licensing agreements
- Exposure to media required (and exposure to technology transactions preferred); experience in corporate legal department in media, entertainment or technology sector preferred
- Admission to practice in the State of New York
- JD from a top tier law school
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.