Legit. Texas. Barbecue.
Since 1941, we have exhibited a passion for not only great barbecue but great people. Thats why we offer a workplace where employees are given meaningful growth opportunities and rewarded for their loyalty and contributions. Hardworking, passionate individuals who inspire others and thrive in a fast-paced environment make up our team. As the largest and fastest-growing barbecue concept in the world, were always looking for dynamic and motivated team members to join our family which extends from dining rooms to real estate, food processing, stainless steel fabrication, pellet manufacturing, wood fabrication and beyond
DICKEYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex (including pregnancy), gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Become an expert on franchise law and Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants franchise system.
- Draft and review franchise agreements, development agreements, termination agreements, asset purchase agreements, promissory notes, security agreements, non-disclosure agreements, vendor agreements, confidentiality agreements, and such other necessary agreements related to Dickey’s franchise system
- Support company in all legal matters, including drafting and reviewing contracts, mediation, arbitration, litigation, and negotiation with franchisees
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Set internal governance policies, manage the impact of external factors, regularly monitor compliance
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics (including, but not limited to franchise law, labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to company leadership
- Identify franchisees that are not in compliance with their respective franchise agreement and draft non-compliance/default correspondence in accordance with the terms of the franchise agreement and applicable state and federal laws
- 5+ years legal experience with at least 2 years franchise law experience
- Overall broad legal knowledge (franchise law, litigations, labor law, etc.)
- Proven general counseling experience in business environment
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to see around the corner
- D. degree and licensed to practice law in Texas
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an asset
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.