The Staff Counsel will provide support, legal advice and recommendations on a broad array of matters such as intellectual property, including trademarks and copyrights, corporate governance/compliance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and contracts.
- Assist in maintaining Medifast intellectual property portfolio, including trademarks filed domestically and internationally as well as copyrighted materials. Handle trademark filings from cradle to grave. Defend against potential trademark infringement as well as maintain and protect Medifast copyrighted materials. Assist in training employees on matters regarding our intellectual property. Defend against and reduce unauthorized sellers of Medifast/OPTAVIA products to protect Medifast/OPTAVIA brand reputation.
- Reviews and provides legal counsel and guidance on company marketing materials and advertising projects.
- Provides legal advice and guidance on Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) issues.
- Provides legal advice, guidance and training on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Provides contract support and review.
- Manages Legal Departments intern program, maintaining relationship with local law schools intern programs, onboarding interns, and potential supervising of legal interns.
- As needed, provides back up and support to Senior Corporate Counsel regarding compliance with respect to the Companys field sales force of independent OPTAVIA Coaches, including enforcing OPTAVIA Policies and Procedures, providing advice and guidance on issues pertaining to direct selling, FTC compliance with respect to marketing of OPTAVIA products, programs and business opportunity, compliance with Direct Selling Association (DSA) Code of Ethics, drafting terms and conditions for company incentives, as well as support regarding the Companys expansion of OPTAVIA into international markets.
- Other miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree, J.D.Active law license in good standing.
- 3-5 years experience minimum.
- Compliance background and experience helpful, but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to break down and communicate complex issues into easily understood directives.
- Some travel required, 1-3 times per year.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.