MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Legal Division’s mission is to advance and protect the interests of the firm by providing the highest quality legal advice. Central to our mission is the identification and provision of advice with respect to the resolution of legal, regulatory and reputational risks. As part of the firms second line of defense, Legal helps ensure that the firms activities are conducted within the boundaries of the law and consistent with preserving and enhancing the firms reputation.
Global Markets LegalProvides legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice to our derivatives, equity, fixed income, currencies, commodities, prime services and securities financing businesses in the Global Markets Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Global Markets Legal team is seeking an experienced attorney to support the global Equity Derivatives business within the Global Markets Division. For the right candidate, this will be an opportunity to play a key role in supporting one of the worlds premier derivatives businesses. The Equity Derivatives business is engaged in a range of activities that require the support of a diverse set of legal skills. These activities include sales and trading of derivative products, hedging of those activities and product development. We are looking for someone with a combination of intelligence, experience, communication skills and commercial instincts.
- Ability to understand and deal with commercial issues in a fast paced and exciting environment
- At least 3 years experience post JD in a reputable law firm and/or international investment bank
- Experience in securities and derivatives products, preferably in Equity Derivatives
- Experience with traded products (swaps, options, forwards) and relevant documentation is preferable
- Experience with the Dodd Frank Act, securities regulation and bankruptcy issues related to derivatives
- Experience in financing/credit issues
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.