Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a business-minded and self-motivated corporate attorney with a minimum of six years of relevant corporate and commercial experience to join its in-house legal team. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of three years of capital markets and securities law experience gained at a leading law firm and additional in-house experience gained at a technology or consumer-facing e-commerce company. In this position, you will be part of a small in-house legal team that is directly involved in the companys strategic decisions and operations, and will have the opportunity to interface with executive and business teams to manage and execute the organizations operational needs and strategic priorities.
This position reports directly to the Deputy General Counsel and is based in the companys corporate headquarters in the Financial District, New York City, with possibility of flexible work arrangements.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, and furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do…
- Support the preparation and review of SEC filings, including registration statements, Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, proxy statements (including shareholder proposals and proxy solicitations) and Section 16 reporting, including Forms 3, 4 and 5
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including marketing, advertising, vendor, supplier, logistics, wholesale, master services, license, technology, confidentiality and other operational and commercial agreements
- Provide advice and counsel to business team leaders on all legal matters affecting the candidates areas of coverage, in consultation with other members of the Legal team and outside counsel, as necessary
- Advise on investor relations matters, including review of earnings announcements, press releases, investor presentations, investor communications and other materials (including preparation of appropriate securities disclosure as necessary)
- Assist in corporate secretarial function matters, including preparation of notices, agendas and materials for board of directors and committee meetings, including board minutes, resolutions and actions
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SEC and other securities-related regulatory requirements applicable to publicly-traded companies, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, stock exchange listing standards, Regulation FD and insider trading
- Lead and assist the Legal team’s efforts in conducting periodic employee trainings on matters related to compliance and securities law, including insider trading, Reg FD, privacy & data security, Code of Conduct and other corporate policies and procedures
- Lead and assist the Legal teams efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures
- Provide substantive support for the rest of the Legal team on an as-needed basis
Our dream candidate…
- 6+ years of relevant experience, preference for at least three years of capital markets/securities law experience at a leading law firm with additional in-house experience, ideally at a technology or consumer-facing company
- Strong general commercial contract skills and experience
- Ideally at least 3+ year(s) experience focused on corporate and securities law matters
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the New York State bar
The successful candidate must:
- Be passionate about technology and energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, hyper-growth company
- Be extremely bright but also have an EQ that matches your IQ, and the ability to engage effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Be detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Be highly analytical and have exceptional business and legal issue identification and problem-solving skills
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise and commercial advice, and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs
- Be a strong and astute negotiator with impeccable judgment
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, can do attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Legal team and with internal clients
- Be able to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Have a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Be collegial, hard working, confident, a self-starter and have a passion for results
- Be a multi-tasker with excellent analytical and legal skills
- Have the ability to understand business needs and partner with the business to create solutions
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
- Be organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and flexible
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles…)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.