Client is seeking a Staff Accountant to expand their Accounting Team to support the continued growth of our Tax Credit and Development platforms. This is a great opportunity for the individual with 1-2 years of accounting experience in the real estate field. Responsibilities will include:
- Collection & organization of due diligence materials & dissemination to buyer/seller/broker.
- Prepare all journal entries, monitor & analyze General Ledger accounts monthly to ensure accuracy with coding and description
- Perform month end closing procedures including month end accruals, allocations and charge backs
- Prepare all monthly financial reports, research and respond to Property Managers' inquiries and produce property finance quarterly for lenders
- Research variances each month from the sub ledgers and analyze budget to actual variance that occur on a quarterly basis (for hotels)
- Calculate straight line minimum rent for new or renewed leases, understand CAM reconciliation and ensure financial reporting is in line with GAAP
- Work directly with accounting firm to supply year-end audit or tax return packages, conduct initial review for audit & tax return drafts and record the adjusting entries to ensure book tie to final audit/TR Trial Balance
- Reconcile and manage cash and escrows, including submitting escrow disbursement requests; keep track of every financial transaction that occurs to ensure that all incoming and outgoing money is recorded and handled accurately, discrepancies investigated & corrected.
- Work directly with project managers to ensure projects stay within job cost budgets
Resumes should be emailed to Catherine Mitchell, mmitchellnri-staffing.com
Experience and requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years accounting experience. Real Estate accounting experience a strong plus.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and succeed in a fast pace environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Service oriented attitude
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Account Manager
Since 1991, I have had the pleasure of building relationships with clients, candidates and a great team at NRI. The philosophy is simple; honest communication, team work, accountability and passion. It has led me to new experiences, some great new friends and a fantastic network of contacts across diverse industries. The people I have met have shared their interests and we have found much in common; from family bonds including our four legged buddies; to favorite books ; to the great outdoors and the joys of gardening. This has led to the ability to have warm conversations; sharing ideas and conducting business with people I enjoy working with.
I value my network and welcome the opportunity to expand it. Please feel free to reach out to discuss your career!
- Connect on LinkedIn
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.