Yazaki is a global leader in the research, development and delivery of vehicle power and data solutions.
Yazaki works with virtually every major auto manufacturer in the world, and we’ve strived to maintain strategic and stable growth throughout our 83-year history. Today, we’re on the lookout for energetic people with the potential to perform, as well as the ability to strengthen – and thrive in – the positive work environment we pride ourselves on.
Location: Canton , [[filter2]]
Yazaki Group (Yazaki), an independent automotive component maker founded in Japan in 1941, is a global leader in the research, development and delivery of vehicle power and data solutions for automotive applications. Yazaki produces wire harnesses, power distribution & control products, connectors, driver information systems, sensors and hybrid & electric vehicle products. With more than 300,000 employees in 46 countries, Yazaki is one of the world’s largest privately-owned automotive suppliers.
Yazaki North America, Inc. (Yazaki North America), the regional headquarters for Yazaki North and Central America, offers challenging responsibilities and exciting career opportunities to performance-driven, skilled specialists with solid professional knowledge and proven career expertise who wish to contribute to our companys success.
Yazaki North America is seeking an experienced, talented, dynamic, proactive and creative Senior Corporate Counsel with a roll-up-your sleeves attitude to join Corporate Governance & Legal Affairs Department. Senior Corporate Counsel Counsel will provide legal support to a variety of internal customers must thrive in a fast- paced environment, deliver as a way of life and be inspired to make a positive impact. Senior Corporate Counsel will serve as a trusted advisor and business partner to diverse business units across Yazaki North America, both domestically and internationally, and provide support on commercial transactions, labor and employment, litigation and other matters arising in North and Central America. Senior Corporate Counsel will be expected to establish and maintain effective working relationships, founded on trust and transparency, with our internal and external partners and to address complex legal and business issues in an accurate, clear and thorough manner. The candidate should be prepared to support a fast-changing automotive landscape and must be able to exercise sound judgment; excellent communication skills and the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must.
Primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Review, draft and negotiate various types of sales and procurement contracts, including IT, data and software licensing agreements with varying degrees of complexity and risks in the region.
- Actively engage with internal clients from multiple business units and department, customers, vendors, and other third parties; provide practical, business-savvy counseling and support to the business in commercial transactions and corporate matters, including risk mitigation and dispute avoidance counseling in accordance with the companys policies and in close coordination with the regional leadership.
- Develop and maintain appropriate forms, tools, playbooks and processes and identify opportunities to continually improve and optimize the same; drive standardization and efficiencies across areas of support (commercial transactions and disputes, warranty and product liability, labor and employment).
- Proactively collaborate across regions with other members of the Yazaki Legal Department, outside counsel and other non-traditional legal resources and take leadership role on both legal and business projects.
- Propose, develop and monitor preventive law and compliance programs (including training) with focus on commercial affairs to reduce future disputes, litigation and company exposure to legal risks in North and Central America.
- Keep current regarding trends and substantive changes in relevant law in North and Central Americas as reflected in judicial precedent, legislation, and/or government regulations affecting the company. Effectively communicate the same to management and assist in formulating actionable improvements to ensure compliance.
- Drive efficient, effective and practical use of outside counsel and management of outside counsel costs and create and deploy litigation and dispute resolution management processes and related tools, including early case assessment and budgeting discipline, to drive consistent management and reporting of litigation across the region in close coordination with other members of the Yazaki legal department.
- Counsel and advise Human Resources, as well as, general managers and their respective management teams, on day to day labor and employment matters.
- Effectively execute other legal services as directed.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of relevant experience in a major law firm, a multi-national corporation or both
- Experience in the automotive industry is a preferred
- Ability to make solid judgment calls under pressure
- Solid and efficient drafting skills with knowledge of standard contracting administration procedures, concepts, principles and methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to influence without authority
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build positive relationships with management, other members of the legal team and external parties
- Solid critical thinking and analytical skills and decision-making capabilities coupled with the ability to analyze situations and provide practical recommendations
- Ability to anticipate questions and provide alternative outcomes with resulting recommendations
- Results oriented; effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to prioritize conflicting demands, organize time and resources to deliver consistent results for the business and bring assignments to successful completion
- High degree of business acumen; strong technical aptitude; proficiency with Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the candidate. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the candidate. The candidate may be required to perform other related duties.
Yazaki North America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap, veteran status, or other legally protected status or characteristic. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship. Yazaki North America complies with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws and strives to keep the workplace free from all forms of harassment.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.