Buckeye Partners L.P
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Strategic Transactions Counsel with experience with a law firm and/or comparable experience in a relevant, corporate legal position to join our team in Houston, TX.
The Strategic Transactions Counsel role is responsible assisting the General Counsel in providing legal services to Buckeye Partners, L.P. and its affiliates with a primary focus on supporting the companys pursuit of a wide variety of corporate development opportunities in a broad array of energy infrastructure sectors, including mergers and acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, equity and debt investments, and other complex commercial transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Transaction Lead: Work as part of a team with a strong entrepreneurial spirit on every phase of sophisticated transactions, from due diligence and structuring to drafting and negotiating transaction documents.
- Corporate Development Activity: Work closely with the corporate development and strategic planning group, business units, and senior management to provide legal review and negotiate the companys strategic transactions.
- Legal Counsel: Provide legal advice and assistance in connection with a wide range of Company activities including financing matters, commercial contracts, acquisitions and divestitures, real estate, regulatory compliance, risk mitigation and related matters.
- Department Objectives: Participate in establishing company legal policies, goals and objectives.
- Consulting and Compliance: Responsible for identifying and analyzing legal issues, drafting key documents, presenting clear recommendations and ensuring legal compliance.
- And other duties as assigned.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- 5+ years relevant experience with a law firm and/or comparable experience in a relevant, corporate legal position.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Must be licensed to practice law in Texas.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- In order to succeed in this position, one must have excellent analytical and legal drafting skills, be capable of handling numerous assignments simultaneously, and be able to establish excellent working relationships with employees throughout the Company.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively with clients at all levels of the organization and the Board of Directors.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to provide practical business and legal advice.
- Willingness and interest in devoting some time to working on non-transactional matters.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Safety and Physical Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nations largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
This requisition is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program. Buckeye Partners, L.P. reserves the right to not pursue a referred candidate if the eventual employment of the referred candidate would constitute a conflict of interest with a customer or supplier and/or would be detrimental to the best interest of the Company.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.