It is our people behind lifes passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then youve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
This position will provide general commercial legal support to the Brunswick corporate and divisional teams. The role will primarily support the Corporate M&A team but will also provide general commercial transactional counseling for supplier agreements, dealer/distributor agreements, real estate and financing transactions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide primary legal support to the Corporate M&A team (mergers/acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and related strategic business opportunities), including deal documentation (NDA, LOI, transaction agreements), support for due diligence teams, and post-closing activity.
- Manage relationships with outside counsel, including overseeing work product and cost-effectiveness.
- Advise corporate functions (Finance, IT, Tax and Treasury) and divisional teams.
- Provide prompt commercial, practical legal advice to the corporate and divisional business teams to facilitate, improve, and strengthen operational decision-making through integration of legal analysis as part of the overall business development process.
- Identify and implement process improvements within Legal Department practices and policies.
- Support and train legal and business team members as required and provide appropriate direction and support to Legal Department staff.
- 3-6 years of experience in general commercial transactions, including M&A
- Outstanding academic record
- Clear, concise, effective communicator
- Team player
- Demonstrated integrity, initiative, resilience
- Intellectual curiosity
- Must be able to provide advice with an eye to appropriate risk/reward tradeoffs in the context of larger business goals
- Willingness to take on new challenges
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Past representation of or in-house experience in a manufacturing company
We are the people behind lifes passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: hrsharedservicesbrunswick.com or 866-278-6942.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.