PRA Health Sciences
At PRA Health Sciences, a leading global contract research organization (CRO), we provide outsourced clinical development services and data solutions to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. In partnership with leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, we strive to move drug discovery forward to help develop life-saving and life-improving drugs. With global reach and expertise across all major therapeutic areas, we customize our services to fit each clients unique needs, capabilities, processes, and systems.
We are seeking an experienced senior-level attorney to join our Commercial Legal team at our Raleigh, NC headquarters. The position will have significant exposure to senior management across our global organization and will include a diverse mix of complex legal matters.
The chosen candidate will have 7+ years of mentored relevant experience. Significantly more experienced attorneys are welcome to apply as we intend to fit the positions remit to best suit the talents and experience of the person hired.
We are looking for an industrious, seasoned commercial negotiator with a high business acumen and excellent communication skills that foster collaboration and trust amongst colleagues. To be considered for this role, you must have worked as an attorney in a high-quality law firm and/or sophisticated in-house legal department, with a combination of relevant in-depth experience in healthcare and commercial contracting. Experience in legal operations management and/or IP/IT is also a plus. The candidate must be capable of and comfortable with actively prioritizing and managing workload to suit business needs. He/she must be able to work with expediency, without sacrificing work product quality.
Among the skills required for this position are:
- Contract drafting and review the candidate must have strong drafting skills and familiarity with the terms and conditions of CRO, biotech, and pharmaceutical service agreements. She/he must be capable of analyzing and commenting upon contracts prepared by others in a manner that balances business requirements with practical legal analysis.
- For more senior candidates, experience in legal operations and team management the desired candidate has significant experience in mentoring and managing a team of attorneys and/or other legal professionals and/or experience in legal operations management (such as legal intake process and tracking, contract management system implementation and operation, contract template creation and revision, and evolving contract playbooks and associated team training materials).
- Communication the candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively such that the attorney is persuasive, concise and confident in communications.
- Problem solving the candidate must be capable of helping the business achieve its objectives by successfully resolving complex problems, including the ability to quickly identify and analyze key business and legal issues and provide practical advice to appropriate levels of management.
- Client service the candidate must be capable of delivering excellent client service and must possess the personal and professional maturity to develop and maintain strong relationships with key business clients.
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- 7+ years of in-depth experience working in an in-house legal department and/or law firm, with a focus on commercial contracting
- Attention to detail, with great organization skills
- Experience advising senior business executives
- Experience managing workload and priorities so as to meet business requirements in a timely fashion
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Active state bar membership in at least one jurisdiction
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Significant commercial contracting experience in the CRO, pharmaceutical industries, or other relevant areas
- In-depth understanding of IP/IT-related contracting provisions and laws
- Regulatory experience in the CRO, pharmaceutical industries, or other relevant areas
- 10+ years work experience as a licensed attorney, with at least 5 years experience with partner mentorship and training in a well-respected law firm
- Legal operations management experience
Compensation commensurate with skill level set and experience
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.