Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until its safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
We’re looking for a driven and hardworking attorney to join our growing team at Atlassian in an IP Counsel role focusing on transactions, product counseling, and open source. Reporting to our Director of IP, this is your opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast-growing company with an outstanding culture and legal team!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work on M&A deals in an IP advisor role, working closely with our M&A team and business units
- Support integration of newly acquired business units with respect to IP issues (e.g. transfer of IP portfolios, IP training for new employees, integration with open source compliance program)
- Engage our product teams by helping them work through IP and open source related issues
- Support our engineering teams with their open source needs, including education, outreach, and compliance with respect to our open source usage policy
- Work with the inbound and outbound commercial team on key contracts with customers and vendors
- Support the team on other IP priorities, like the patent program, litigation, and trademark protection
More about you:
- You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and get things done with directional mentorship.
- You have the confidence to independently manage complex projects and the drive to build new functionality.
- You can navigate a complex organization and work with ambiguity.
- You have the capability to meet, engage, and build relationships with a broad spectrum of Atlassians across our legal, product and engineering organizations.
- You have a strong background in supporting tech transactions and corporate M&A from an IP lens.
- You have a strong understanding of open source licensing and in-house compliance needs
- Substantive knowledge of patent law or IP litigation is a further bonus.
- You like to master new subject areas, whether new laws, new technologies or new business strategies.
- You can listen to our business partners with a desire to understand and solve their problems with intelligence and empathy.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- JD and admission to at least one state bar
- 5-7+ years practicing law, with in-house experience preferred but not required
- Deep experience in supporting tech transactions and M&A deals from an IP lens
- Strong understanding of open source licensing and in-house compliance needs
- Passion to understand our products, our culture, and our business model
- Drive to improve on existing systems and methods
More about our team
We are a tight-knit, collaborative, and communicative team that tackles diverse legal issues and generates balanced, pragmatic business
solutions to enable Atlassian to scale.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the whos who of tech is why were here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and alignedcollaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, were committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassians culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.