Realty Income Corporation
Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,500 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 620 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 52-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income’s public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working on a truly collaborative team in a professional environment in a company that encourages a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Incomes Legal Counsel, Portfolio Management, you will be offering your legal expertise to an established (and expanding) legal team of in-house attorneys and paralegals with a history of success, and will work closely with the Asset Management Real Estate Operations (AMREO), Development, and Lease Administration teams. Additionally, your team-based nature will extend to outside counsel, tenants, and third-party service providers. Your strong real estate knowledge base is invaluable, as you will be providing advice to relevant decision makers throughout the company.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
Primary Job Functions
- Draft and negotiate landlord-tenant lease administration documents, and manage and close leasing transactions.
- Draft and negotiate documents of varying complexity for dispositions, and manage and close individual and bulk sale and exchange transactions.
- Draft and negotiate documents for real estate re-development projects.
- Draft, negotiate, analyze and interpret REA documents and other title documents.
- Draft, negotiate, analyze and interpret documents relating to condemnations, easements, rights of way, oil and gas lease agreements, and other agreements affecting title and access.
- On a project-specific basis, supervise paralegals in connection with pending matters.
- Consult with AMREO, Development and LA on various matters, including lease compliance, title matters, interpretation of lease terms, CAM issues and disputes, third-party requests, and resolution of issues with neighboring property owners. Draft appropriate documentation, conduct negotiations, and retain and supervise outside counsel when necessary.
- Review, investigate, and document tenant mergers and acquisitions.
Secondary Job Functions
- Assist in the development and efficiency of the Legal-PM team by helping prepare resources (as assigned) and making presentations to the group;
- Review, draft, and negotiate documents related to portfolio acquisitions, and oversee paralegals in coordinating escrow closings.
- Review, evaluate and approve information and reports received in connection with portfolio acquisitions.
- Assist with tenant bankruptcies.
- Handle miscellaneous title issues, including scheduled title reviews.
- Review and interpret mortgage documents as necessary.
- General document review and drafting.
- Routine advice/counsel to all departments on legal matters.
- Handle miscellaneous and various corporate legal matters and shareholder issues as requested.
- Manage and/or monitor environmental issues in connection with AMREO projects (leases, developments, dispositions) in conjunction with Risk Management and/or AMREO, as applicable.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
What Youll Need to be Successful
- A Juris Doctorate degree with proven academic success from an accredited law school.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant or on-point real estate legal experience.
- A combination of training, experience, skills and other characteristics that would provide the requisite knowledge and abilities in support of the essential job functions.
- Membership in State Bar of California or other bar membership approved by Company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex ideas and issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents and agreements.
- Ability to effectively identify, research and analyze legal issues, assess potential exposure, propose alternative courses of action and make well-reasoned recommendations.
- Ability to effectively manage time, handle multiple projects concurrently, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and to function effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to supervise paralegals on assigned matters.
- Ability to actively listen to others, understand their position and respond appropriately.
- Adaptability to diverse legal issues and areas of legal practice.
- Self-motivated; detail-oriented, accurate, organized, reliable and flexible.
In response to COVID-19, Realty Income has maintained our business operations and have open opportunities, yet made necessary adjustments to our hiring process. We are conducting all steps of the interview process in a virtual capacity. In response to Californias Stay at Home order and other states with similar provisions, our employees will continue to work remotely until these restrictions have been lifted and it is safe to work in an office again. Realty Income has endeavored to be adaptable and strategic in our capacity to maneuver in an unfamiliar situation, and we pride ourselves on our resilience. We immensely appreciate both your flexibility and consideration of Realty Income for employment.
To all recruitment agencies Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.