At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
We are seeking an experienced Systems Analyst to join our Service Delivery team! You will be joining a diverse cross-functional organization responsible for providing the planning, engineering and delivery of business scalable infrastructure solutions to meet project timeline. You will also design compliance and enforcement of Taxonomy / Technology Bricks & Environment Management Standards.
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but will require presence in a Freddie Mac office in the future.***
The Service Delivery organization operates across the technology landscape, and we ensure work is aligned and streamlined between all areas of IT and the various lines of business!
- Deliver engineering and infrastructure needs for IT initiatives
- Ensure consistent delivery and adoption of core Infrastructure capabilities while simultaneously improving the overall efficiency. Examples of core capabilities include, but not limited to Information Security initiatives, VDI, Mobility, Automation and Collaboration tools
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to clearly detail the end-to-end application architecture including the upstream and downstream transaction flows and dependencies on core data center and infrastructure solutions.
- Provide leadership on enterprise projects and initiatives related to automation and work across team lines on design, solutioning and implementation.
- Guide & Mentor junior members in the team and engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience in Information technology, preference for infrastructure and platform services
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent experience; Advanced studies/degree is helpful
- 1-2 years of experience in public cloud domain
- Proven understanding of foundational elements of private or public cloud
- As an individual contributor, responsible for designing, sizing & scaling infrastructure solutions for Application projects
- Strong infrastructure engineering skills in one or more areas of Servers, Storage, OS, Middleware, or Networking
- Experience with the one or more of the following Technologies: Apache/Tomcat, Weblogic, MSSQL, ORACLE, Postgress, MongoDB, HP, Cisco – Blade Centers, Linux, Windows, VMAX, VNX – SAN, Netapp, VNX
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Advanced understanding of IT core services and modern development patterns
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
- Sense of urgency and able to apply a risk-based approach to prioritize work
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.