United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
April 25, 2021
Job Description Summary:
The Global Compensation and Benefits attorney will work on various legal matters relating to the Companys global compensation and benefit plans and strategy as part of the Office of the Corporate Secretary.
Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
Global Benefits: Provide strategic guidance, legal support and counseling for US health and welfare and pension plans, global mobility benefits, and severance plans. Serve on the U.S. and International Benefits Committees and advise on regulatory compliance matters relating to the Companys benefit plans. Responsible for international benefit plans and acquired rights matters.
Global Compensation: Provide strategic guidance, legal support and counseling for the
Companys annual and long-term incentive plans, non-qualified plans, including deferred compensation plans, severance plans, and advise on regulatory compliance matters relating to the Companys compensation plans. Responsible for international compensation plans and acquired rights matters.
Executive Compensation: Provide strategic guidance, legal support and counseling for the Companys equity and synthetic equity-based compensation and change of control and golden parachute issues. Advise on strategic ways to attract and retain key executive talent. Negotiate executive offers and departures, including issues of separation, severance and restrictive covenants.
Board, SEC, M&A and Proxy Support: Review and prepare materials for the Talent and Compensation Committee of the Companys Board of Directors; advise on executive offer and separation arrangements; advise on disclosure issues relating to executive compensation; participate in the preparation of the Companys annual Proxy Statement; advise on compensation and benefits matters relating to M&A.
Asset Management: Provide legal support and counseling to the Assets Management Committee and provide legal support and counseling for the Companys captive insurance programs and advise on investment selection and management issues.
Education: Juris Doctor degree with strong academic credentials
Related Work Experience: At least 10 years relevant work experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department for a publicly-traded company
- 10-15 years of experience in private practice or at a publicly-traded company
- Experience in a broad range of global employee benefits and executive compensation matters, including employee benefits and executive compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions, taxation issues related to executive compensation arrangements (including Sections 409A and 280G of the Internal Revenue Code), design and negotiation of executive employment and other executive compensation arrangements, compensation-related disclosure, including SEC filings and the Compensation Discussion & Analysis portion of the Companys annual Proxy Statement, corporate governance matters, asset management and international benefits funding strategy and issues, and ERISA fiduciary and pension investment issues.
- Experience with handling executive compensation issues and strategy
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients at all levels of the organization, including C-Suite executives, as well as external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to whats possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors curious, empowered, inclusive and agile and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.