At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Do you love code? Do you embrace change and innovation and push the boundaries of what is possible? Do you embody Agile delivery at the core of your being? Are you an experienced leader who is ready for a modernized delivery environment?
At Freddie Mac, we are in the throes of a major digital modernization and transformation. We want you to be a part of it! As a highly innovative Agile Development, Senior for our team, you will influence outcomes, guide transformation, and put your stamp on our future. The journey is wide open with possibilities.
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but will require presence in a Freddie Mac office in the future.***
The Information Technology (IT) Division helps enable and transform Freddie Mac's business. We provide systems and technology that benefit the enterprise, customers, employees and our business partners. Our technology enhances the services we offer to our customers and improves productivity and performance for employees, making work easier.
- As a full stack software engineer influencing outcomes, have full stack covered with all key modern languages under your belt. You are thrilled to get into all parts of the code, as well as implement it.
- The individual is expected to work under limited direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solution. Understand requirements and design for the build and deployment of enterprise applications. You know the modern approaches as well as where the landmines are.
- You will be responsible for interfacing and influencing with the business lines as well as others across IT and will utilize your strong communications skills to do this successfully. Collaborate with our support teams and determine and provide inputs for effort estimation.
- You will be a mentor and bring up-to-speed junior resources and consultants on technologies/products that the team works on and Represent and Demonstrate your team's work to customers.
- Will demonstrate your coaching and mentoring skills to help teams continuously grow and improve in delivering high quality software solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience engineering awesome solutions and 2-3 years of experience working in modernized development teams.
- Languages: Java 8, Angular, Unix Shell scripting, node.js, SQL, Python
- Modern Tools: Jenkins, Cucumber, Selenium, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bitbucket), Git, Maven, Gradle
- DBs: SQL, Mongo, (Legacy DB2/Sybase for transformation efforts), Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Other: Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Microservices, EKS, Junit, Tomcat
- Frameworks: Spring Integration, Spring Web, Spring Data Mongo DB
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Seek and Embrace Change – Innovate and push the boundaries of what is possible. Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting status quo.
- You embody Agile delivery at the core of your being.
- Strong consultation and communication skills. Excellent collaborator and phenomenal teammate.
- Proactive in identifying existing issues and providing an alternate solution.
- Curiosity to learn about new trends related to tools and technology.
- Flexible to work with different teams across organization.
- You've got the full stack covered with all key modern languages under your belt.
- You're going to have to get into all parts of the code, as well as implement some of it, so you will need to know this stuff up and down.
- A spirit for innovation and ability to enjoy working in the space between "no longer" and "not yet"
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.