Were JLLa leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. Thats why were committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. Were using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and were honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where were headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you dont meet all of the requirements below. Were interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Americas General Counsel Corporate Solutions
JLLs Corporate Solutions (CS) business partners with clients across industry sectors to enhance the performance of their real estate portfolios and people. Our team of exceptional lawyers and professional staff supports the CS business. We are business partners, and work side-by-side with sales and account teams to develop and execute complex solutions to our clients’ evolving commercial real estate needs. The Americas General Counsel for Corporate Solutions works at the direction of the General Counsel for CS, leading and managing the activities of the Americas CS Legal team. This role is the primary point of contact in legal for Americas CS leadership.
Specific duties include:
Supervisory and Managerial
- Manages a team of lawyers specializing in the drafting and negotiation of new agreements with clients, overseeing:
- Drafting and negotiation of client agreements
- Coordination with global legal teams ensuring global consistency on deals
- Guidance on commercial disputes
- Training to the business on contract management, negotiation, IP protection and other commercial matters
- Coordinates with Global and Regional Centers of Excellence for Litigation, Compliance and Employment
- Advises business as to preferred commercial models and enterprise risk mitigation
- Resource planning for Americas CS Legal, including any new recruitment needs and managing use of contractors and external firms (excluding litigation matters)
- Responsible for the performance and professional development of all lawyers and legal professionals in the Americas CS legal function
- Manages Americas CS Legal T&E and Personnel Cost budget, in coordination with General Counsel for CS
- Liaison with Americas CS Legal team members in Canada, Mexico and Greater Latam
- Representative on Global CS Legal leadership team to ensure consistency and coordination on Legal initiatives and pooling of efforts and resources
- Actively drafts and negotiates complex multi-national transactions with clients
- Creates and implements best practices (e.g. templates, delegations of authority, policies, negotiation guidance for sales teams)
- Provides legal advice and support to CS client accounts
- Develop and continuously refine corporate policies, procedures and training programs pertaining to commercial matters, contract management and compliance
- Craft and implement tax-efficient strategies for new products and services
Desired skills and experience for this job:
15+ years of legal experience with a major law firm and/or relevant in-house experience, with a demonstrated focus on corporate governance and transactions, along with securities disclosure
Significant hands-on experience managing corporate boards and advising on corporate governance topics is a plus
Experience operating internationally is a plus
Outstanding academic credentials and excellent written and oral communications skills
Exceptional organizational and project management skills
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on collaboration
Ability to exercise strong judgment in consulting with colleagues and clients
Proven leadership abilities
Acute attention to detail
Experience managing diverse high functioning teams
JD required Admitted to U.S. Bar
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We cant wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLLs recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process including the online application and/or overall selection process you may email us at Accommodation.Requesam.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.