At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Love coding? Want to create technology that matters? Begin your technology career today by joining the Credit Risk Transfer Credit Enhancement (CRT CE) team within the IT Division at Freddie Mac. Freddie Mac is an industry leader building the future of technology for the housing/finance industry.
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but will require presence in a Freddie Mac office in the future.***
The Information Technology (IT) Division helps enable and transform Freddie Mac's business. We provide systems and technology that benefit the enterprise, customers, employees and our business partners. Our technology enhances the services we offer to our customers and improves productivity and performance for employees, making work easier.
Be part of a team designing and coding the future technologies and applications that support Freddie Mac's mission of making home possible.
What you'll be doing:
You will be part of a dynamic Modern Delivery Agile development team at Freddie Mac. You will gain knowledge of technology for the financial industry all while enhancing your own competencies, by:
- Deepening technological knowledge while learning about Freddie Mac's vital role in the mortgage market
- Expanding your leadership, business, and analytical skills
- Obtaining support and guidance from dedicated managers, experienced analysts and knowledgeable mentors
- Participating in organized community service events to complement your professional development with personal growth
- Being eligible to be sponsored to earn key technical certifications
- Refining your personal brand and growing your internal network
You'll be working in the following areas:
- Participate as a member of a project team to develop innovative, high-quality software solutions in an Agile development environment
- Develop, modify, and design software based on requirements/design specifications
- Help define business and user needs and processes; identify solutions, work with project team/sponsors in identifying best solution
- Participate in requirements analysis; help design applications based on system requirements; promote top code quality and solve meaningful issues related to performance tuning and scalability
- Build enhancements within existing applications to optimize efficiency
- Support implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines.
- Support core applications, including providing fixes to production defects and making enhancements
- Quickly evaluate defects, investigate causes and come up with solutions to address defects
- Provide production support and providing clear communication to on the resolution of incidents
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 1 to 2 years of software development experience
- Experience with coding practices and languages (such as Java, Unix, Angular, Springboot, Postgres, Selenium for Automation, and Cucumber
- Knowledge of Agile software development project methodologies preferred
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team or independently
- Technology-first mindset, outstanding analytical skills and drive for innovation
- Willingness to try new things, spot opportunity and learn fast!
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.