The Franchise Counsel role will provide legal advice primarily regarding franchising and will also structure, negotiate and draft various corporate and commercial agreements.
Reporting to Senior Counsel, this attorneys primary responsibilities will include:
- Franchise documents, including franchise agreements, ancillary franchise documents, and the preparation and filing of franchise disclosure documents
- Support franchise transactions through closing
- Broad-based transactional work, including counseling internal clients on structuring of deals and negotiations
- Draft, review, and revise agreements of all types, including technology, vendor, consulting, marketing, licensing, and agency agreements
- Manage paralegals in review and preparation of franchise documents and be an active participant in further developing the skills and capabilities of the team
- Provide support as necessary to other functions in the legal department including franchising, marketing, technology, compliance, and international
- Be a collaborative stakeholder and participant in helping to develop, define and improve internal processes as a member of cross-functional teams
- Provide strategic and practical advice to internal clients at all levels, including top level executives at both brands and Dine Brands
- 6+ years of broad-based corporate transactional experience in a law firm and/or corporation. A combination of firm and in-house experience is preferred
- Graduated from a top tier law school
- Securities experience preferred, including 1933 and 1934 Act compliance, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, proxy statements, Section 16 filings, S-8s, etc.
- Experienced in a wide-range of corporate transactional matters and demonstrated experience working as a part of and leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to interact, advise and influence internal clients at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity and internal drive
- Detail-oriented with excellent drafting skills
- Ownership of a large volume of matters, including a combination of small and large contracts and projects and ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple matters on overlapping schedules
- Track record of initiative, problem solving, and ownership of projects
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Excellent judgment and discretion
- Restaurant or hospitality industry experience as well as franchise experience is helpful, but not necessary
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.