At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Freddie Mac has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Agile Development, Associate II within our Single-Family IT group to work on cutting edge technologies to modernize legacy applications and migrate them from on-premise datacenter to AWS.
We are seeking a motivated individual who will play an integral role in our transformation into an Agile & DevOps focused team. This person will implement technical solutions on migrating applications from traditional VM based environments to OpenShift PaaS platform and/or AWS by utilizing DevOps principles and leveraging existing/new Open Source tools. The individual is expected to work with and under direction from senior resources and also handle independent activities.
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but will require presence in a Freddie Mac office in the future.***
Freddie Mac's Single-Family New Tech Adoption (SFNTA) Team enables Single Family Product Teams in their Cloud-Native Journey by helping adopt newer technology capabilities and ensures that standard methodologies are followed during the enablement of each of these capabilities.
In this role, you will be an integral part of Single-Family New Tech Adoption team and will be expected to
- Understand requirements and design for the build and deployment of enterprise applications
- Work under supervision to contribute to the success of assigned project(s)
- Collaborate with our support teams such as OpenShift Support, Jenkins Support and Network teams
- Determine and provide inputs for effort estimation
- Partner with Goldfield and Bronzefield teams to effectively move Single Family Products to AWS
- Represent and Demonstrate your work to customers
- Bachelor's Degree with Major in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Hands-on Experience with programming languages is a requirement – Java (SpringBoot experience is a plus) or Python
- General awareness of DevOps tools (Kubernetes, Jenkins, Groovy DSL, Ansible/Chef & ServiceMesh) is strongly preferred
- High level of exposure to testing frameworks like Junit & Cucumber & Front-end UI development frameworks like Angular 2 is desired
- Experience with scripting languages like Ansible is a plus
- Understanding/Working knowledge of ELK/Splunk
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Good communication skills
- Curiosity to learn about new trends related to tools and technology
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting status quo
- Willing to get the holistic view and adapt/align technical work with customer solutions
- Flexible to work with different teams across organization
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.