Buckeye Partners L.P
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking an Assistant General Counsel with law firm and/or comparable experience in a corporate legal position to join our team.
The Assistant General Counsel role is responsible for assisting the Deputy General Counsel in providing legal services to Buckeye Partners, L.P. and its affiliates.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Legal Advice and Assistance. Providing legal advice and assistance in connection with a wide range of company activities, with a focus on providing legal support to the commercial and operations teams, including working closing with the commercial teams in preparing customer contracts. Providing legal advice and assistance with respect to various compliance-related issues, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, International Trade Compliance, and Business Code of Conduct.
- Legal Policies and Goals. Participating in administering company legal policies, goals and objectives.
- Legal Issue Resolution. Identifying and analyzing legal issues, drafting key documents, presenting clear recommendations and assuring legal compliance.
- And other duties as assigned.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- 2-7 years relevant experience with a law firm (preferably in corporate practice) and/or comparable experience in a relevant, corporate legal position.
- Travel Requirements: 25%
Certificates & Licenses:
- Must be licensed to practice law
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and legal drafting skills, of the capability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously, and the ability to establish excellent working relationships with employees throughout the organization.
- The ability to appropriately and discretely handle confidential information.
- The ability to bring practical judgment to bear in connection with legal problems that confront the organization.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Safety and Physical Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nations largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
This requisition is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program. Buckeye Partners, L.P. reserves the right to not pursue a referred candidate if the eventual employment of the referred candidate would constitute a conflict of interest with a customer or supplier and/or would be detrimental to the best interest of the Company.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.