At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Do you love the sticks and bricks of real estate? Do you have experience evaluating third-party reports for real estate transactions? The Physical Risk team within the Asset Management and Operations Department of Multifamily is looking for an analytical teammate who can detect risks and provide sound, technical advice to diverse partners. Apply now and learn why there's #MoreAtFreddieMac!
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but will require presence in a Freddie Mac office in the future.***
The Surveillance Team within the Asset Management and Operations Department of Multifamily is responsible for detecting and managing credit, regulatory, and reputational risk to Freddie Mac that comes from loans or bonds in Freddie Mac Multifamily's investment, transitional, or specially serviced portfolio. Our team works closely with multiple groups within Freddie Mac Multifamily, our Optigo customer network, and the US Multifamily industry in general. Through our technical assistance and evaluation of property condition, environmental and construction risks of an asset, we support credit, investment and portfolio decisions.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Analyzing third-party environmental, green building, property condition, and seismic reports with underwriters or asset managers to assess risk and advise on mitigating the risk
- Recommending physical risk lending and servicing standards (Guide Requirements) to the Credit Policy and Asset Management areas within Multifamily
- Evaluating third-party reports for Guide Requirement compliance and provide feedback to Optigo Lenders and third-party vendors to improve performance and consistency
- Providing consultation on construction or rehabilitation plans and documentation for both debt and equity transactions
- Tracking repair completions and annual utility reporting for green loans in support of internal, regulatory and investor reporting
- Crafting and delivering training to Multifamily staff and Optigo lenders on Physical Risk related topics
- Staying abreast of emerging risks and updates to industry and regulatory practices
- Maintaining accurate, practical, and approved departmental procedures
- Participating in and contribute to the new product development process
- Managing many different projects at the same time though a high level of organization and efficiency
- Communicating effectively with internal customers, Optigo Lenders and third-party vendors
- Supporting initiatives for the team
- Preparing reports for management, investors and regulator
- Thriving in a team setting that includes training junior teammates
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Real Estate, Engineering, or other related fields
- Demonstrated project management experience with success meeting and delivering specific and measurable due dates and goals
- Experience building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Teams)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and be self-directed
- Strong organizational skills
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Providing superior customer service while managing a large volume of requests
- Knowledge of construction/development process and green building practices
- Basic knowledge of multifamily property inspections and operations
- Basic understanding of securitized lending structures such as CMBS, and the parties and roles within those structures.
- Understanding of Affordable Rental Housing, including the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program
- Familiarity with developing complex spreadsheets including the use of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:MF Asset Management
To apply for this job please visit jobs.washingtonpost.com.