TripleLift is building out its Legal team and is seeking a bright, energetic and highly-motivated lawyer to help us shape the team. The Senior Legal Counsel will be responsible for managing and overseeing a broad legal portfolio, including negotiation and execution of a variety of complex and cutting-edge commercial and technology matters and corporate, international, policy, privacy and regulatory matters. In this role, you will work closely with internal clients spanning multiple functions across TripleLift to understand and assess legal and business risks and make sound decisions under tight deadlines. This role will report to the Deputy General Counsel and includes significant opportunity for growth.
The ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who takes the time to understand technology and business objectives so as to strategically and effectively balance legal risks in advising the business. This person is also a creative problem-solver and is not only comfortable but thrives in a high growth environment where they will work on exciting and complex legal issues that may even influence new legal precedent and shape the internet of the future. They are a collaborative team player comfortable making decisions. This person can draft and negotiate effectively and is excited about taking initiative to improve and build out the teams forms, processes and procedures.
About the Team
We are building out a new Legal team at TripleLift and refining our processes and procedures. Our mandate is to provide strategic and practical legal advice to all functions throughout the organization. Our responsibilities are diverse and range from drafting and negotiating contracts to evaluating product offerings to monitoring and addressing legislative and regulatory developments that affect the future of the internet. We are energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, fast-growing company thats shaping the future of online advertising in a complex ecosystem.
- Lead highly complex, cross-border, commercial negotiations with strategic partners and some of the biggest names in digital advertising
- Review, negotiate and draft a variety of technology and commercial agreements, including terms governing access to our core advertising services, platform vendor and data provider agreements, and other technology agreements
- Support product, technology and commercial teams in evaluating, protecting and commercializing new products and features
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Product, Marketing, Engineering, and People, on legal matters
- Ensure compliance and draft contracts and policies to address a variety of industry standards, laws and regulations impacting online advertising, including intellectual property, gaming, privacy and political advertising
- Participate in industry working groups to design and set industry standards
- Help develop, implement and support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, legal processes, policies and trainings
- JD degree (or equivalent) with superior academic credentials
- 3+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department. Prior start-up or tech experience is a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for working in a high-growth environment
- Ability to understand technology and understand the interplay between legal, policy and strategy
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and understand and manage shifting priorities and multiple projects
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
- Ability and desire to work both autonomously but also collaboratively as part of a growing legal team
- Strong project-management and operational skills
- Member in good standing of the New York state bar or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York State
More About You
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and growing. You love challenging yourself to constantly learn and improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You believe in providing the best service to customers which includes empowering them by collaborating on efficient processes and providing knowledge and tools
- You embrace uncertainty and thrive on driving change. You enjoy challenging the status quo and working in an industry where technology changes daily and providing legal advice requires a deep understanding of the interplay between technology, policy, strategy and business interests.
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to take initiative to reach the best solution
New York, NY or London, UK
Benefits and Company Perks
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO
- Equity options
- 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefits
- Yoga, bootcamp, massages
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.