Oticon People First
SENIOR PRIVACY COUNSEL – Somerset, NJ
Demant is a leading international hearing healthcare company that develops, produces and sells hearing solutions, accessories, diagnostic instruments and personal communication. The group operates in a global market with own companies in more than 30 countries and employees exceeding 14,000 and revenues of well over 2 billion USD. Demant has a strong presence in the US market and are looking for outstanding passionate talent committed to the goals and mission of the company. As one of the global market leaders in the hearing health care field, opportunities exist in many of our businesses, shared services as well as new ventures and projects. Group companies collaborate in many areas, and also share resources and technologies.
Demant seeks to hire an experienced privacy attorney with 5+ years of specialist experience to join its expanding business. This person should have a strong understanding of privacy and data security matters, along with business savvy and exceptional communication skills. The new hire will be part of a successful legal team and will use their legal skills to contribute to the operations of the business.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the experience/skills listed in this job description PLUS a flexible, hardworking approach, with no hesitation to take on tasks outside the specific scope of the job description. The new team member must be mission-driven, results-driven and goal oriented. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written/verbal communication, administrative/organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will:
- Provide counsel to business leaders with respect to all privacy matters for the US,
- Define and create an optimal plan to mitigate risk on privacy and data security matters for US, in conjunction with European team members and global policies,
- Independently lead and execute all facets of challenging privacy and data security matters,
- Partner closely with compliance on matters with privacy concerns,
- Lead commercial negotiations with clients and partners where the use of personal information or data sharing is involved,
- Define processes and tools for effective review of privacy matters,
- Develop and own privacy contractual risk matrix, including creating and maintaining a risk log of escalated matters for ongoing monitoring,
- Review contracts and other documentation related to processing of personal data
- Assist with data subject requests,
- Support the legal team and the business in day-to-day privacy compliance management,
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders in effective negotiation, communication and drafting skills, including interaction with senior executives,
- Ability to work independently,
- Initiate and follow-up actions with minimal supervision,
- Provide guidance and assessment on privacy, data security and compliance matters in conjunction with the compliance team,
- Contract management, review and drafting,
- Assist with other projects and duties as assigned,
- US JD and Member of US State Bar (ideally New Jersey and/or New York),
- Data Privacy certifications (e.g. CIPP, CIPM, CIPT) preferred,
- 5-7 years of privacy and data security law experience within a corporate or law firm environment, with experience reporting to senior management,
- Experience with privacy law and compliance in the healthcare industry,
- Experience of negotiating and drafting vendor contracts and data processing agreements,
- Experience managing employee data protection governance activities,
- Experience developing and managing internal data protection-related policies and procedures for a large organization,
- Experience with document drafting, negotiation and contract management,
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail,
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment,
- Must have a strong degree of professionalism and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion,
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong sense of urgency to drive for results,
- Excellent judgment and ability to work independently, manage various tasks and simultaneously balance competing priorities to meet tight deadlines,
- Ability to focus and manage compliance and risk mitigation,
- Flexible, hardworking approach with no hesitation to take on tasks outside the specific scope of the job description,
- Comprehensive knowledge of state, federal and international data protection laws, regulations and standards, and
- Experience with multi-jurisdictional and multi-cultural transaction partners and team members.
Demant is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.