Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPals Legal Team is looking for an experienced and dynamic attorney to join its Litigation group. In this role, you will work closely with fellow Litigation team attorneys, paralegals, and eDiscovery professionals managing all aspects of litigation. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Associate General Counsel, Global Head of Litigation and will be located in Omaha, NE or Scottsdale, AZ.
- Be accountable for performing and managing all litigation activities in the U.S. and globally on assigned matters through the trial and appellate stages, including among other things research, pleadings, motions, discovery, depositions, conferences, trials, mediations, arbitrations, appeals, etc.
- Take a lead role in setting, recommending, and executing strategies that will ensure PayPals interests are represented in the best, most cost?effective manner.
- Manage relationships with outside law firms retained to represent the company and drive alignment on case strategy, budget, and staffing.
- Oversee and support government or regulatory investigations.
- Advise legal and business colleagues in an effort to mitigate and manage legal and business risks.
- Take a lead role in advising outside counsel, paralegals, and other company personnel to ensure effective management of small claims cases filed against the company.
- Supervise and mentor other Litigation team members, including paralegals and eDiscovery professionals, in their duties and help them grow in their roles and skills.
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements to assist the Litigation team and others in the company to increase efficiency and maximize the use of available resources.
- Manage and leverage data to drive decisions on litigation management decisions and to report on litigation and risks facing the company.
- Advise on the proper handling of subpoenas, garnishments, levies, UCC liens, court orders, and other legal requests or notices.
- Promote a culture that reflects PayPals core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Wellness, and Inclusion.
Job Requirements and Basic Qualifications:
- This is an experienced attorney role requiring a demonstrated proficiency and experience in all aspects of litigation management.
- Juris doctorate degree with an active license to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
- Litigation experience at a law firm or in house legal department handling commercial litigation.
- Experience handling subpoenas and other discovery requests, garnishments, levies, UCC liens, or other legal notices or requests.
- Good project manager who is able to bring various constituencies and stakeholders together to complete projects timely and efficiently.
- Team player who is comfortable with a dynamic and changing environment that emphasizes collaboration and team performance over management hierarchy.
- Ability to manage numerous projects and cases simultaneously under tight deadlines while maintaining a good sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Skilled oral and written communicator.
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances.
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in, PayPal, mobile payments, emerging payment technology and the payments industry.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to keep and maintain clear, accurate, and concise records.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Some travel is required, often out of state.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at paypalglobaltalentacquisitionpaypal.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.