The Red Hat Commercial Legal Team is looking for a Product Attorney to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work in support of the Products and Technology (PnT) Engineering team. Youll oversee legal issues associated with supporting PnT team, negotiate major partner alliance relationships in support of technology initiatives, and serve as an adviser to general managers of various business teams and their senior management. You will also be expected to effectively manage and guide cross-functional projects, collaborating with diverse colleagues, customers, and internal teams.
Primary job responsibilities
- Manage and oversee legal strategies and resolve issues associated with business teams within the Red Hat solutions portfolio, including management and negotiation of complex alliance relationships
- Provide assistance to commercial legal teams on product related terms and negotiations
- Oversee multidimensional projects and problem resolution that span legal, business, and functional objectives
- Develop and implement innovative process and policy improvements that meet our business needs
- Draft new terms and conditions relating to existing and novel product and program offerings
- 4+ years of legal experience supporting software, technology, and cloud-based product teams
- Substantial experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating large, complex business agreements in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage new challenges efficiently and effectively, exercising sound business judgment with minimal supervision
- Ability to be open minded and collaborative when working on novel issues
- Comfortable working in and leading cross functional teams, meeting demanding deadlines in a fast paced environment, prioritizing work, and adjusting to frequent changes in workload
- Experience advising on open source legal and licensing issues
- Record of implementing operational enhancements
- Programming or academic experience in computer science are a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the worlds leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account – high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.