The Red Hat Legal team is looking for a Corporate Attorney to join us and assist Red Hats senior corporate attorney for Privacy and Security with global data privacy and protection matters in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will interact directly with global business teams and associates, and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. You will need to be capable of managing multiple matters at the same time and providing privacy and security related advice and guidance to an entrepreneurial and rapidly expanding organization across geographies, cultures, and functions. You will have the opportunity to gain meaningful experience with Red Hat’s global business and will quickly become an integral member of the Legal team. Red Hat prides itself on collaboration, transparency, and integrity and is poised for continued growth as the world’s leader in enterprise open source solutions. As a Corporate Attorney, you will join a team of legal professionals to advance and support Red Hats growth strategy and best-in-class corporate governance around the globe.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide support, including risk assessment and contract drafting and negotiation, on data privacy and protection issues for Red Hat teams engaged in the negotiation of contracts with customers and vendors
- Advise teams responsible for the development, sale, and marketing of Red Hat products and services on privacy compliance measures like privacy by design and marketing notice and choice requirements
- Assist with the development, implementation, and ongoing management of compliance and risk mitigation strategies relating to global data privacy and protection laws and regulations, including (i) policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations like EUs GDPR, (ii) security incident response planning, management, and remediation, (iii) customer and vendor privacy and security assessments, and (iv) employee awareness and training
- Develop a solid network of relationships inside and outside of the organization to support the objectives of the Legal team and the business
- J.D. and admission to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
- 2-3 years of data privacy and security compliance experience in a law firm or in-house; experience working in a major law firm or with an international S&P 500 company is a big plus
- Pragmatic, commercially oriented lawyer with experience interpreting privacy and security laws and regulatory requirements and implementing programs or solutions to meet such requirements
- Excellent drafting skills and understanding of privacy risk assessment and management
- Comfortable analyzing complex legal issues
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable dealing with all levels of our organization, and ability to influence and use others in a growing, global business
- Skilled at managing competing priorities effectively
- Proactive approach to recognizing needs, anticipating issues
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) certifications like CIPM, CIPP/US, CIPP/E are a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the worlds leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account – high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit www.goinhouse.com.